Guide books do a terrible job of reviewing this city. It's not a cultural mecca like London or NYC, but it is a cultural center with many sites to see and activities to do. And the best part is you gain insight into the people and cultural ideals that built the country and persist throughout. San Jose, therefore can answer many questions you'll have along the way as you enjoy your exotic vacation.
I'm biased being the owner of Barrio Bird Walking Tours, but it is my goal to connect tourists and expats to the beauty that is in San Jose. And I want it to be affordable to all. That's why our tours start at $10. If you take a walking tour these are the advantages:
- Do not have to worry about your safety or getting lost (there are no street addresses)
- Tours are a max of 8 so you will have an intimate group, be able to hear and ask questions
- Get advice on how to spend the rest of your day
- 10% discount on lunch at some of the best restaurants downtown
- Contribute to the revitalization of Central America's cultural hub, San Jose
So, if anything, get out of your hotel or hostel and take a knowledgeable walk around San Jose. If you live here, stop avoiding the city and learn where all the attractions are at. Can't wait to meet you!
Barrio Bird Walking Tours
RSVP: call 8926-9867 or email BarrioBird@gmail.com