I'd like to take this moment to invite visitors and expats to take advantage of low Sat. & Sun. traffic and great deals at fabulous restaurants, to explore fabulous downtown San Jose! Costa Rican? Bring your mom downtown for a change. There's much to see and delicious treats to enjoy. Shoot, maybe even take a walking tour on this fine weekend.
Caracas Arepas Juice Bar and Cafe
Open 11-7 all guests will enjoy a free coffee with each purchase. The Arepa is a venezuelan pita meets pupusa with savory meat mixes inside. I recommend stopping by for a breakfast arepa, fresh juice and free coffee!
This meditterean restaurant is located within a historic, moroccan style castle. Tomorrow Cafe Moro will feature these special plates and pricing, and at 8:30 a belly dancing spec-tac-u-lar will take place!!
1. Tomato and caper bruschetta with grated eggplant and roasted vegetables, 3500 colones
2. Hummus with eggplant and greek salad, 3500 colones
3. Falafel, tabouleh and dolmade, 3500 colones
4. Kebab Plate- chicken, steak and lamb, 4400 colones
5. Chees Plate - cheeses from Volcan Irazu, 2,200 colones
6. Desserts - fruit tart, creme brule or chocolate mousse, 4,800 colones
MIMOSAS!! Free for moms at Cafe Kalu. Everyone else enjoy brunch and lunch, and mimosas too. Open at 9:30 this will be a perfect way to spend Sunday. Children under 12 eat free.
Open at 7 a.m. Italian eatery, Roma Caffe will be serving up all sorts of 'surprises' for moms. I love surprises!
Barrio Bird offers walking tours of San Jose. If you are a visitor or have lived here for some time, there is always a new way to see the city. View tours or make a reservation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 8926-9867.